DataNZ is confident that it offers a first-rate service and is the best on price, quality and turnaround time. Whilst we do not like blowing our own trumpet, we do like it when others do! So we’ve gathered together some of the prestigious projects and our customer comments here.
We have a wide variety of clients from all over the world:
Standards Council of New Zealand, University of Auckland, Victoria University, Waikato University, Massey University, Department of Conservation, Auckland University of Technology, Landcare Research (Lincoln), Macmillan Education, Edify Ltd, Punaromia Publications, Shell New Zealand, Proactive4Health, GS1 New Zealand, Information Logistics Company Ltd, Cosignia, etc.
Department of Veterans Affairs, LexisNexis Australia, University of Melbourne, Monash University, Department of Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, Total Health Rejuvenation Program, Insurance Council of Australia, Green Hill Publishing, etc.
United Nations, World Health Organization, UNESCAP, Bangkok, UK House of Commons Library, General Registrar Office, Ireland, National Library of Ireland, Indiana Harvard University, USA, Swedish Library of Talking Books and Braille, University of Michigan, USA, etc.
DataNZ has established a reputation both in New Zealand and internationally for the quality of its service. Here are some examples of projects we have completed:
- Scanning & digitising PhD & Masters theses totaling over two million pages for the University of Auckland Library, Victoria University of Wellington Library & the Massey University Library.
- Conversion of all the New Zealand Standards to XML based on a modified Docbook Schema.
- Data entry of Community Nursing Minimum Data Sets for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Woden, ACT.
- Providing infographics and enhanced visuals for UN Composition Report 2020.
- Building capacity of countries in the Western Pacific Region, by providing training (including workshop, R tool, resources and recommendations) on Universal Healthcare.
- Providing typesetting services including composition and layout services for printed and online media for several clients.
- The Land and Property Management Authority of Australia have empaneled us for the digitisation and conversion of records services.
- Scanning and conversion of 100 volumes of the Journal of the Polynesian Society to XML based on the TEI mark up specification.
- Conversion of several thousand documents to XML with word coordinates for creating a pilot library for the Sudan Open Archive.
- Scanning and XML conversion of several Hawaiian and English language resources. The completed work now makes up part of Ulukau, the Hawaiian Electronic Library.
- Scanning & converting several books to XML by the OCR/Cleanup process for the New Zealand Electronic Text Centre, Victoria University – Wellington.
- Data capture of the POKEM clinical trial forms for the Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation Grant Researcher for developing a prototype eHealth application to support clinical risk management and sustainable health services.
Testimonials from some of our customers:
“Your people doing the mark-up do a great job with pretty difficult material”
– John Laurie, Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Auckland.
“We at Landcare Research are highly impressed with the work of DataNZ. Their quality, turnaround and price are excellent. We gladly endorse their services to anyone.”
– Greg Comfort, Manager, Manaaki Whenua (Landcare Research) Press, Lincoln.
“DataNZ have been very helpful in realising this major new online resource (Web-enabling the Fletcher Index of Māori names) for the Library. The service we received was excellent and we are very happy with their work.”
– Kathryn Parsons, New Zealand Collection Librarian, University of Waikato Library, Hamilton.
“The service we’ve received from DataNZ has been first rate and we’d recommend them to anyone undertaking any digitization project, large or small. Their quality, price, and customer service have been excellent in all our dealings with them.”
– Stefan Boddie, Manager, DL Consulting Ltd., Hamilton.
“Just as in previous years, this is absolutely great – thank you and your team very much! We do spot checks for our statistical purposes as we work with the data you provide, and continue to be delighted by the 100% accuracy of everything checked.”
– David Fougere, Managing Director, Phoenix Research, Auckland